Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Official Soccer picture!

Ain't she cute, squinty eyes and all? I know that you are supposed to take pics facing the light for better shots, but when you have eyes that are uber sensitive to light (which she inherited from her mother), it doesn't work so well.

She frequently says "Mommy...it's just too shiny outside!" as she's burying her eyes in her hands. I love the way a four-year old describes little things like that.

I like how she matches the soccer ball, too! The blue shirt is the official T-shirt, and I thought it was way cool that they also use blue and black soccer balls. The kids really seemed to like that they were 'special'.

She should be starting up a new session in January. This weekend is her last week in the first level class! She still doesnt have much of a clue what's going on half of the time, but she likes running around and kicking soccer balls just the same. Last week's class was funny. It's a 4-6 class and there seems to be a good mix of all ages. Well, they actually attempted to play a game last week and it was pretty obvious (in most cases) which kids were older and had played some sort of team sport before when watching them during the 'game'. The older kids were all trying to kick the ball and actually play soccer. The middle kids were just running around after the older kids. The younger kids were standing around watching the action. Kaia was actually running around attempting to get into the action, but she's very passive, so she'd never actually go after the ball if someone else is kicking it - 'cause that would be rude! At least I know she has manners! She got to throw the ball into play during the game and she was quite excited about that! And she was on the team wearing the jerseys (which, I might add, fell below her knees...and she's not the smallest in the group at all), which she thought was WAY cool!

I'm thinking of getting her into the community's Tae Kwon Do course as well. I think the interaction with other kids is important for her since she's not yet in preschool. I might try to start preschool in January, though. It's just so dang expensive! She'll start Kindergarten in the fall, so I guess I should start the transition process now.

Gah! My baby is almost in school!

6 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

OMG! She gets cuter and cuter! I just went to a friends soccer game on Saturday and it was so intense! It was the championship, so that may have been why. It was really fun, and good for the kids. I agree about getting her ready for school, transitioning first will help.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Awwww, she's adorable. *smooch*

6:27 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

Yep, that sure is a cute kid.

Good job on finding an activity she enjoys. I keep thinking about putting my kids in a martial arts class too. I like to think they can defend themselves if all else fails.

My DD is 6 and is taking ballet and swimming classes. She wanted to go to school so badly. We have Junior Kindergarten for 4 year olds, so that worked out. She's very sociable. DS is less so. He'll go to JK next September. I wonder if he'll be one of the screamers. Hoo boy.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Glowie said...

She's gorgeous.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

How adorable! She really is a doll.

I went to one of my nephew's soccer games a few years ago when I was back home. Was so cute seeing all the little kids in their uniforms, trying to kick the ball around the field.

Ok, my word verification is the funniest I've had so far: dckfu
*grin*

9:36 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

She is just precious! Smooshy face and all!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home