Random Christmas thoughts
* Kaia asked for Thomas trains (Thomas the Tank Engine) for Christmas. Our local Barnes and Noble has a huge Thomas train display in their store and every time we go to the bookstore, I practically have to drag her out of the store because she wants to stay and play with the trains. Originally I planned to get the plastic track trains, but all of the characters she really liked were only in the wooden sets (plus wooden trains are just SO much cooler), so I decided to go for the much more pricey wooden ones. They are hella expensive, but I found a site that offered them for 20-50% off between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after T-Day. Whoo hoo! I snagged a bunch of great deals (plus got $12.50 off my second order with my "preferred customer" status from the first order). Pretty nifty!
* I put up my Christmas lights today. We don't have a tree yet. I don't know if/when we'll get one since I'll likely be staying at my mom's for Christmas (mom and step-dad are going on their "honeymoon" during the holidays and I have to watch my step-brother), but my house is currently the only house on my street with lights. One neighbor has a small lit tree in their yard, but no one else has house lights. I also have a plastic door cover with a snowman on it. I put up my lights in my PJs this morning and had to hack my way through the enormous shrubbery along the side of my house in order to string up the lights on that side. PITA!
* I bought dh an mp3 player. Got him a Zen Touch with 20GB. He doesn't really need THAT much space, but it got great reviews and cost the same as the one with 5/6 GB. And it has a $20 rebate, too. Yay. He might not get it in time for Christmas though because amazon won't ship it to APOs. Ptth.
* I just bought myself a bunch of old TV Christmas classics: The Year Without Santa Claus, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Jack Frost, & Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey (came in a set...I don't remember this one very well, but I do remember having seen it at some point). I already have Rudolph, Frosty and Frosty Returns, and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. I also have the old California Raisins special, as well as the Garfield one and a few other random cartoon specials from the 80s - all on VHS.
* I already bought myself my Christmas present. I went to Big Lots today to get some lights and decorations when, lo and behold, I spotted the box with my Triple Chocolate Kit Kats! They hadn't been carrying them for at least two months (Big Lots was the only place I've EVER seen them other than Walgreens for Halloween), so I bought all of the ones they had (16...and Big Lots sells their candy for 33 cents a piece - DOUBLE score). They are impossible to find (I've seen them on sale on ebay for $36 a case - that's a dollar a bar). They are so good - best.candy.bar.ever. I'll be going back there in a few days to see if they've gotten any more in stock! YAY!