Monday, November 21, 2005

Weight Loss Challenge

So my family members (to include my mom, step-dad, sister, and moi) are all trying to lose some weight before the mom & step-dad's big now renewal ceremeony in a month. They never had a 'real' wedding, so they're having one this time around. Very sweet.

Anyway, mom had already been on some 6 week total body makeover diet thingy (which worked WONDERFULLY - she lost over 30 lbs. in 6 weeks), but now we're all participating in the weight loss challenge.

We are working in teams. Step-dad and I versus mom and sister. I think it's a little bit of an unfair advantage for us since he weighs quite a bit more than the rest of us, but we're doing it The Biggest Loser style and keeping score with the percentage of total body weight we've lost. The winning team's coach (me or my sister) gets $100. Nice added incentive!

Now, I'm NOT doing the total body makeover diet because I would surely die after 3 days or so. I need to have chocolate every day. I've limited myself to 3 mini Kit Kats a day (most days...some days I have 4 or 5) which is only 100 carolies. I don't really do any bad carbs other than that. No butter (I did have some on my lamb when I made lamb last week, but just a little tiny bit), very minimal amounts of canola oil, very little salt...mostly just making sure I'm eating much healthier than I was and am eating smaller portions (cause I can stuff my face something awful). I have a high metabolism (always have), but I've just gotten progressively more lazy as I've gotten older. I've been exercising a LOT.

As of November 3rd (when I really started - I cheated and had Halloween candy on the 1st and 2nd, when I was supposed to be dieting), I've lost a total of 14 lbs. Yay me.

I want to get down to about 130. Aside from my hips, I have a naturally small frame and am not supposed to weigh anywhere near what I weight right now (154). I hide it well for a lot of reasons...from above the waist up, I look pretty thin - and I also dress to accentuate the positives while taking attention away from the rest. My goal is to be 130 by February. I know I'm on the right track, having lost 14 lbs. in only 3 weeks and I've only been REALLY exercising for the past week (the "challenge" started last Sunday night).

I bought a pair of size 8 pants today and they are just a TINY bit tight. YAY me!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Way to go, PM! That's awesome!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I need to lose weight to, but have no motivation. I need to get motivated. Your step dad may weigh more, but I think the bigger you are the quicker you drop weight at first. At least I've always heard that. So your mom could be getting to a stopping point. This could be to your advantage to win the $100. You go, girl!

6:55 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Good for you guys! I'm trying to lose some, too. I'll check in around my birthday to update my progress. (January) You're doing great, keep it up!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yeah Sonya, the fact that my mom's already lost so much is another reason I thought that my team had an unfair advantage. But, I'll gladly take the $100 :D

11:37 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Hurray for those size 8's!!!

I'll bet you are feeling great!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I just ate an entire tube of crescent rolls for dinner. That can't be good.

8:28 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I declare no dieting for the day! It's turkey time!

Happy Thanksgiving to the Karen family!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger mm said...

What Nutz said. :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Syren said...

Heck Yea!!! That is awesome.

I need to do something. I have no idea what, since I cannot do any type of weight training, which means, yes I can get my heartrate up, but without something to supplement it is almost pointless. *sigh*

Your size 8's could be worn on my thigh. Got two pairs? Then we could be twins. *grin*

*smooch*

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home