Monday, December 05, 2005

I start tomorrow!

Got a call today - everything is in order and I start tomorrow at 8 a.m.

I think most of tomorrow will probably be more paperwork, reading school materials/curriculum stuff, and observing the classroom. Kaia will be in her first real classroom setting and I'm a little nervous about how she'll do. She's got some issues (she's very afraid of public toilets, for example), so we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'm packing some extra clothes in case she has an accident...usually it doesn't get to that point, but there's a good possibility that she'll at least be disruptive when she has to go.

I don't have any idea how the food siatuation works, either. I know the teachers eat with the children, but I am a VERY picky eater and am bringing something tomorrow (bringing something for Kaia, too) since there's a good chance that whatever they have, I won't like. And I wonder if I get an actual lunch-like break at all since we eat with the kids...so many questions! I guess I'll find out all of this tomorrow.

One other thing. There is a dress code. A weird one, if you ask me. You can wear either black or tan/beige pants (fine - that seems normal enough) and either red, white, or navy blue shirts. WTF? Sorry, but that just seemed odd to me. If they want to be that restrictive, they should just make us wear some sort of company shirt or something. And I would've liked to know the dress code sooner than 24 hours before I am supposed to work since I don't own any red, navy blue, or white shirts (I, of course, own white shirts...they're all either t-shirts with stuff on them or button-up blouses that would probably get ruined working with four-year olds all day long). So I had to go buy some new shirts today. UGH.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

18 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

Good luck! You will be great!

10:19 PM  
Blogger mm said...

How exciting. I'm sure Kaia will do great, it will probably be good for her, even. They definitely should have given you more time to prepare for the dress code.

Let us know how it goes!

1:41 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Yay!!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Especially how the lunch situation goes. I wouldn't want you to be stuck in a place where you have to eat their slop just because everyone MUST eat the same thing.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Good luck. Kaia will enjoy it once she gets use to it. You will do great. Let us know how the first day goes.

*hugs*

7:43 AM  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

Good luck twin!!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger mm said...

How did it go? How did Kaia do?

9:11 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I saw the update on the thresd. *smooch*

5:01 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

damn. I'm late AND drunk.

weheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

9:22 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Hey...how are you? You've been quiet, is everything at the new job going okay?

*smooches*

6:23 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

The new job must be keeping you busy. Please try to find time for us. We are all worried about you.

10:00 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Just came back to say Happy Anniversary!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Syren said...

Just stopping in to wish you a wonderful Holiday time.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Getting worried about you!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

If you read this, have a happy new year!

10:29 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Happy holidays! Give us an update when you have a chance!

1:45 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*knock knock*

Is there anybody in there? Hope everything is well with you and you are enjoying the holidays.

Miss you! *pout*

10:09 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Hope everything went well today!

Congrats and good luck!

7:18 AM  
Blogger hooboosam said...

Are you still there?

We miss you.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home