Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wow

So, it's been...ummmm...a while. Life has gotten in the way of keeping up here, but I figured I'd take a few minutes to briefly share what's been going on in my world...

I love my job. Right now I'm teaching the school-aged kids and am doing the phonics, music, and math programs as well. I also write the school's newsletter! I'm really enjoying my work - especially phonics. I just wish I didn't have to leave in November when we move. We're moving about 3 hours SE of Phoenix and I'm really going to miss my friends at work and the kids to whom I've grown so close. One of my co-workers has become one of my best friends, too. Her husband plays professional baseball and a good portion of her time as of late has been spent away from him. She is also Kaia's teacher and I just adore her. I may get lucky and Kaia will get to have her again this fall (at least until we move).

Kaia is doing phenomenally in school...and she's also got a crush. She's got a crush on a boy named Myles. He's cute as can be and is a really good kid. He sorta reminds me of Kaia's daddy in some ways, so maybe that's why Kaia likes him so much. Oh and the admiration is mutual, I might add. Five-year old love. Too cute.

Speaking of school, for teacher appreciation week, I was voted (by my co-workers) as our center's "outstanding employee". Three awards were given out...Kaia's teacher won the outstanding programming award. Of course it's more important to be recognized by parents and the kids, but it sure doesn't hurt to have your fellow teachers recognize your hard work. Yay me!

And...the best news. Hubby is back from Iraq - in one piece! He's currently in NY and we'll get to see him next month. My parents flew us and the rest of my family to NJ for the 4th of July, so he was only a 6-7 hour drive away. We got to see him shortly after he arrived, but it was a big huge mess (I'll spare you the details...only to say that someone else made my flight arrangements and they screwed up so we lost out on an entire extended weekend that we could have seen him as such). But, we had a great time for the 36 hours that we got to see him. He spent a total of more than 24 hours driving to get to see us, but he said it was well worth it (of course). He'd come to visit us for two weeks in May - we took a totally spur-of-the-moment trip to Disneyland/Sea World when he was here and had an absolute blast! Kaia was just in awe of the "Magic Kingdom". I've always loved Disneyland, so I was also so happy to go back! Kaia really liked the teacups, Dumbo, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, and the Winnie the Pooh ride. I couldn't get enough of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters! Hubby just liked watching Kaia react to everything...

As for my little girl...my baby will be FIVE in less than a month! WOW! She's also starting Kindergarten in less than a month. DOUBLE WOW! My biggest fear is that she will be bored out of her mind in Kindergarten. So much of Kindergarten is learning how to read (and preparation for reading)...since she's been reading for well over a year now (she was reading in early 2005, when she was 3.5), I hope she will be challenged enough. I'm sure she'll be fine, but it is my job to worry so I do.

What else...well Kaia has been in her 3rd wedding now. Her cousin got married in June and she was adorable, as always, as one of the two flower girls. Here are some recent pictures of us...


First school pic:






From our trip to Disneyland in May...





Enjoy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Adorable pix as always and so much good news! Yay, you!

11:24 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

It's about time!!!

3:31 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

Love the pics! Kaia is so adorable.

So is hubby back from Iraq for good? He's not going to have to go back anymore, is he?

9:36 AM  
Blogger hooboosam said...

Yay! An update!

Love the pics!!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger hooboosam said...

I had to type a password, it has been a long time.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

*blink blink* You're back? *rubs eyes*
I am thrilled to read an update. Please keep blogging, we miss you! Stay in touch. I'm happy that you're happy.

10:57 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see an update. I knew if I kept checking, you'd eventually reappear! ;-)

Kaia will do great in Kindergarten, I'm sure. If she's really bored, they can always move her up a grade, I guess. Please keep us updated when you can, we've missed you!!

*smooch*

7:01 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*falls to the floor in shock*

Wow! Is that really you? I'm so happy to see you back to give us an update. Gorgeous pictures, as always.

I'm so happy to hear that your DH is back and that things are going well with your life. I missed you.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home